Wednesday, September 16, 2009

English Assign#2 Correction

So I was asked to find a multimodal ad (a commercial) not a poster ad oops :)! So here are two commercials that I found on You Tube that I think would be good to write about.

The first one is a recent commercial for the Nissan Cube. I like how different the commercial is and the slogan it uses "Cube- a Mobile Device". The commercial is using the car like it's an app and a vehicle. It has a very futuristic meaning and a ton of neat computer type words to explain the car. I like how the commercial is screaming to the cyber generation. Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOueYfrrSjw

The second one I am thinking of writing about is the "Super Freak" Visa commercial. I really like this commercial because it is fun and the people in it are also singing the music. It shows lots of different people from different places sharing a common happiness with Visa. I like how this commerical uses a good mood to get the message across. Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8lIRdKrus0

1 comment:

  1. Marissa-
    These ads looks great. Keep in mind, by the way, that your photo ad is technically multimodal (combines images and text) but I just thought a longer more complex ad might give you all more to talk about.
    At any rate, I think these both could work well. I think the cube ad may be the most interesting. There's lots there to think about as far as audience appeals and using graphics to refer -without direct language - to other ads (like iPod or computer ads). I think you could talk about the use of pathos and ethos here and also ideas of how the consumers are represented.
    I can't wait to see which one you'll go with.
    JEn

    ReplyDelete