Monday, September 14, 2009

Article Choice/ English Assign#2



For my second assignment I have been asked to pick two picture ads to think about using for my first essay. I have decided to maybe use an ad for Ipod. I picked this ad because the colors grabbed my attention immediately. I also loved the play on words in the slogan "feel the sound". I have put a picture up of the ad but it can be found at,




I also liked a vintage ad about VD in WWII. This one grabbed my attention because of all the metephors used like the gun (loaded). This poster has a lot to say and I am sure I can write a lot about it. It is colorful with a colorful message ;)!! This ad can be found at, http://pzrservices.typepad.com/vintageadvertising/2007/09/vintage-vd-post.html

2 comments:

  1. Marissa-
    These are great visual ads, but look back at the assignment sheet for the first essay. It asks you to choose a multimodal ad - one that combines images, video, text, music, etc. I suggest you check out some of the websites I sent you guys in the email (let me know if you need me to send it again) and see if you can find a compelling video ad to look at.
    The print ads you chose are very interesting in their use of color and image and even historical significance. I have no doubt you will find compelling video ads as well.
    Let me know if I can be of help.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I am sorry..I will post a correction immediately!

    ReplyDelete