Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Scrapbook Idea/ English Assign# 10

For my scrapbook I am going to use my life events that have shaped who I am. I will describe my childhood and then describe major events from that point on in my life. I will then have future events that I would like to see happen. I am married now and I love it. So I am going to talk about (in a slideshow with power point) how I played house and then got older and met the man of my dreams and then married him. Then for the future part I see myself having a kid one day and becoming a mother as well as a wife. No longer am I playing house I am actually living it :). I came from a broken home and I think including that in my scrapbook will help with the argument that not all children from broken homes grow up to be the head of another broken home! My scrapbook will be about how I am overcoming my childhood and, the future that I dream of for my husband, myself, and our future children.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this topic and how you are making a couple of arguments - not only for a future identity as mother, but also that people do not have to repeat the patterns of their biological families.
    One thing I might caution you about is keeping your focus on performing a specific identity. It seems to me that your focus is you as a member of a "nuclear", "traditional" family. This seems to take into account your discussion of both marriage and parenthood.
    Great start here!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you are trying to argue that people that have had broken homes as children does not mean that they will have them as adults. Hope it will work that way for me as well:).

    ReplyDelete