Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Family Photos/ English Assign#8

In the readings on pages 109-127 there were different stories from different people. These stories were of memories (mostly of family). There were pictures used so that the reader could get an image of the stories that were being told. The pictures used weren't necessarily of the event that the writers were talking about but they shared the same idea. The saying that "a picture is worth a thousand words" is so very true. Photography can be used as a composition because it tells a visual story. It can help fill in the holes that a narrative may leave out. I loved Jeffery Wolins pictures at the end of the reading. His pictures told the story not only in a visual way but in a narrative and emotional way as well!

The family picture I chose is a picture of me with my in-laws! This picture is one of the first family pictures taken since Kyle and I were married. This picture means a lot to me becuase it marks the beginning of me being apart of this family and their wonderful get togethers.

1 comment:

  1. Marissa-
    You totally look like you are part of the family here. It's interesting how we all have these sorts of photos - us with a group of family members dressed up and standing in a row. It seems like something our culture really values.
    I like what you said about how a photo can fill in holes in a narrative. Are there any other stories going on in this photo?
    Jen

    ReplyDelete