Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Spouse Flight

Last Saturday I got to do one of the most amazing things ever in my life :)!! I got to go on a spouse flight on the KC-10!! This is the aircraft that Kyle works on and I got to see what my awesome hubby gets to do when he is in the air! There were two planes that went up that day I was on one and Kyle was the boom on the other one (so I got to watch him refuel our plane). My plane had 19 passengers and (lucky me) I got picked to sit in the cock-pit when we took off!! It was sooooo amazing...I have always wanted to do that :)!! I even got to wear a head set like the pilots haha!! We came up right under the plane that Kyle was on and I got to see him refuel :) I could even see him in his little boom window, we were so close that we were able to wave at eachother!! It was funny because while Kyle was doing his thing the guys on my plane were all tell him hi over the radio ha I don't know why they found that so amusing but it was neat ha!

I totally have a new respect for what Kyle and all men and women in the Air Force do :)!! Military people are awesome and they would die for you so thank them :D!!

Well here are some pics of my adventure...I am sorry they aren't better..I forgot my camera so I had to use my cell...but it's better than nothing ha!

This one wasn't from the Spouse Flight but I like it...Kyle and I in the cock-pit of a KC-10!
I wish it wasn't dark...oh well ha!


One of the Pilots (I can't remember names sorry).


So many buttons....



Me in the Cock-Pit :D!!!




My view from the Cock-Pit..that is Kyles plane in the distance!



Kyle refueling us (this is also from the cock-pit) crazy huh?!?!?!



This is the view that Kyle gets all the time..we are refueling his plane! It seems like you could just fall out that window haha it is some clean glass/plastic haha!



Me with the boom and that's my neighbor Christine in the back!

3 comments:

  1. This is so great!!! I am very proud of you and Kyle!! Gods blessings never end----it gets better every day---I am ssoooo glad you guys got it right the first time(thank God you didnt take after your mom!!--LOL) I love you both!!MUAH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats soo neat marissa! i love your pics, kinda scary to know the planes are soo close and he does that all the time huh?? and i do and always have appreciated all of our military men & women! they are soo dedicated, courageous, awesome, risk-taking, patriotic, i can go on and on... So thanks Kyle for all you do, and leaving your family behind to Help and Protect our Country! you are soo not selfish at all!!!

    Desirae Duran

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! That is an awesome experience....and I hope YOU weren't the one flying when you were in the cockpit! Can't believe they would even let a BLONDE as BLONDE as you in there!!!!!!!!!!! Bahhahahahah.....I love you, and am VERY impressed with what my nephew does!
    Worlds GREATEST Auntie!

    ReplyDelete