Thursday, October 1, 2009

NYC!

So yesterday I went to the city to visit the new married couple Matt and Joanie :)! It was a lot of fun. They didn't want to see a ton of sights which is great for me because I have seen them a million times lol!!
I took the train all by myself and met up with them at Borders by Madison Sq Garden. They wanted to see Times Square so we walked through there and then went to NBC studios :). The guide asked if we needed any help with anything and I said "yes how do I get on the Office?" thankfully he thought I was funny and laughed with me ha! We then went to the top of the Rock and saw just how pretty Central Park really is. We then went to lunch and headed up 5th Ave to FAO Shwartz (we did stop at Tiffany's on the way)!! FAO Shwartz had this thing where you could build your own muppet and of course Matt and Joanie took advantage. They made really cute muppets haha!! We then went to the Central Park Zoo yay!! I have been wanting to go there forever......but it was a major dissapointment haha. It was nothing like in Madagascar!!! There was no Lion or Zebr or Hippos or Giaraffs ugh!!! There was the cutest Seals and Penguins though!! The Penguins are great haha that is where I am going from now on if I need a laugh haha! We then took a cab back to their hotel and rested for a minute. By this time it was already 6:15pm so I needed to head back since it was rush hour. We said our goodbyes and I went back to Penn Station (after a stop at Starbucks of course ha) and caught the express train home yesssss!!!
I was soooo proud of myself for going to NYC alone. I only had to call Karen once to see what street Borders was on and that was for Joanie and Matt ha!! I was sad that I forgot my camera so I have no pics from the zoo :( or with Matt and Joanie! But I did post a few pics that I love from the city. I am going back this Saturday with a group from church so I will get some more then!! "Pray a lot" everyone!!!

Lady Liberty!


Me and the two men in my life!


The Hubby and I


:)



Love it!


Street Art! There are things like this all over the city.

Empire State Building.

1 comment:

  1. oh girl! it sounds like you all had a great day! i am so proud of you for going all alone. and i felt important when you ask me questions! hahah!

    ReplyDelete